APEX Awards Entry 2022
This Overview of Four Learning Modes gives an in-depth, interactive tour of four genres of training design; examples of each type; and the time and cost to produce them. Based on research from two large studies performed by Chapman Alliance, it covers informational presentations, instructor-led training (ILT), self-paced eLearning, and blended learning.
When the winners were announced in July 2022, this project had earned a prestigious Grand Award in the 2022 APEX competition.
Click the image below to open it in a new tab. Walk through the highlights and examples at your own pace, and easily return to where you left off!
Learn more about the project by perusing the information below...
- Software used – This project was developed in Articulate Storyline 3, and includes content produced in Articulate Studio, Adobe Captivate, and animation tools such as PowToon.
- Sources for development time and cost data – Both of the studies below are available from Chapman Alliance. The data and images were adapted with permission under the Creative Commons license.
1. How Long Does it Take to Create Learning? Chapman, B. (2010). Published by Chapman Alliance LLC.
2. Large Scale, Blended Learning Development Benchmark Study. Chapman, B. (2013). Published by Chapman Alliance LLC.
- Presentation design tips – You can view or download this one-page PDF document: 10 Common Slide Presentation Mistakes and How to Avoid Them.
- Music credits – Josh Molen (The Tune Peddler) composed all music, except where noted. Kevin MacLeod produced all of the other musical compositions, where indicated.